connecting a mixer shower

Can anybody help me I have just bought a "Deva thermostatic mixer shower" the question is Can I just connect the hot and cold feed from a tee off the bath taps? I have a new "mega flow" tank. Thanks

Reply to
darrsie

I have no idea what one of these valves is, or what its specs are, and whether it's suitable for the use you describe.

In general it's much better practice to plumb in your shower as far upstream as you can (ie make the shower feed the first tee off the outflow of the HW tank), using wide bore pipe - that way it will be much less prone to fluctuations in pressure when other taps etc are turned on elsewhere. That's not to say it won't work using the route you describe; you may want to consider the extra work and upheaval involved in running the extra pipework with the possible benefit of having a more effective shower.

David

Reply to
Lobster

On 23 Mar 2007 09:02:52 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote this:-

One of the ones on

Can I just connect the hot and cold feed from a tee off the bath taps?

Probably. Depends on the model.

However, as has been said it would be better to connect it up so as to minimise pressure fluctuations.

Reply to
David Hansen