Condenser tumble dryers with drain hose?

Our White Knight tumble dryer is on its last legs, and I am investigating a replacement.

Ideally I would like a condenser model with a drain hose. The only two I have found so far are White Knight and Bosch with an add-on kit.

I will probably go for the Bosch, but are there any others?

-- Chris Melluish

Reply to
Chris Melluish

In my (admittedly fairly limited) experience all condensing dryers route the condensate out through the back panel and then back into the reservoir, with a removable link. All you have to do is to remove the link and attach a suitable hose.

Our Miele came with a suitable hose.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

John Lewis JLTDC01 has a kit available. Not cheap, but one of the few with an A energy rating (it uses a heat pump).

And since it looks identical to some of the AEG ones, probably they do to...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I think AEG were the first use a heat pump in a dryer.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I think AEG were the first use a heat pump in a domestic dryer, but they have been in commercial dryers for a time now. Heat pump dryers save 50 to

60% of energy in running - a big drop. In a car had such an mpg saving it would sell like hot cakes. As leccy is going up all the time the high purchase cost is worth costing in and calculating the clawback, which may be quicker than you think.

Normal electric resistance heating condensing dryers use more energy to run. But as they dump heat into the room there is claw back in that they heat the room too, so reducing heating bills.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

meow2222

room. Few homes have these, and increasingly in the UK only the wealthy would have such space in a house.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I have to admit mild interest in this. We have a walk in room with a tumble dryer, washing machine, combi boiler, radiator and currently have a wall mounted airer. In winter in particular this room is quite warm and clothes dry quickly, but in spring / summer / autumn when the boiler is not on we do sometimes have to resort to tumble drying.

I'm not sure we classify as "wealthy"; its just a bog standard utility room that many houses have.

Matt

Reply to
matthew.larkin