Bosch Condenser Tumble Dryers

Has anyone any experience, good or bad, to report about Bosch condenser tumble dryers, particularly the WTL6003?

Reply to
Alastair

Have had a WTL5100 for 4 years now. Yes it was expensive - but - I couldn't be arsed with digging holes in

1920 brickwork for the vent for a vented one - plus - this seems to be a category C/D (istr?) whereas all the vented ones were G or something.

Keep the condenser clean - every could of weeks take it out and wash it through and clean the airways clear. Regularly (read religiously) clean the filter. Buy the drain hose kit and if it's near the washer it can empty itself (not having this would be foolish IMHO as you have to empty the condensed water every wash - aka sod that :) )

Other than that - bloody marvellous. Gives heat to the kitchen when in use - does not put any water vapour into the air (unless you haven't cleaned the consenser) and dries very quickly - 70 mins for a full 5-6kg of sodden cottens from machine wet (1200 spin Bosch washer) to bone dry.

Very very pleased - would buy another one tomorrow - and ours is the one without all the sensor gubbins to do CUpboard Dry and Ironing dry etc as they do now...

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I've got an integrated Bosch condensor dryer. I think it might be a 6920, but might be confused. It is excellent. Dries in a fraction of the time of my previous condensing dryer. The sensor programmes are really good. Just load the clothes and press 'Start'. I find it leaves much more water in the container every cycle than the previous one (which is a good thing) despite replacing my 1200 Hotpoint Ultima with a 1600 Smeg.

It can even run on a 16A supply for faster drying, although I haven't rejigged the electrical supply to allow this yet, as it is hard to do off the shelf with British components.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

We've had a WTL5400 for the past 5 years and are very pleased with it... It cost a fortune when we bought it, but managed to get a 'shop soiled' model for £250 less than what Currys were priced at...

IMHO it's possibly the best purchase we've ever made.... It gets used every day and never had a fault - I just don't know what we would replace it with when the time arrives.....

John

Reply to
John

I believe the 6003 is the cheap Spanish model. We have got the 6103 (made in Germany) and which our supplier said was a much better machine, for which we paid approx £350 delivered. This was £70 odd more than the Spanish one. For someone who has spent years living in London's hard water area, which tends to leave all our clothes with a stiff creasiness which involves lots of ironing, this machine has been a godsend. Also no more hanging stuff over radiators in the winter. They come out fresh, uncreased (no more ironing, really!) and soft. Easy to just slide out the water container (condensor drawer) at the top of the machine, check the dust filter at the end of each run, and you're away. This has been quite honestly one of the best buys of my adult life! Hope this helps, Claire. P.S. Even if you are not impressed, I bet SWMBO will be!

Reply to
Phil