Condensation and wardrobe question

Have a problem with condensation in an 80mm "dead space" between the "end" of a wardrobe and an external solid, (non-cavity) wall. The wardrobe is situated along an internal wall and this is the only position it can go where it wouldn't be along an external wall :(

Would it be sensible to stuff the gap with insulation or would this just make things much worse?

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Probably make little difference. When I had a similar problem, a dehumidifier was the only answer.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Insulation would sort it if you used a vapour barrier with it. Without the VB you'd get damp & mould. I'd paint the wall first with some mouldproofer as an added precaution, black mould is grim for health.

NT

Reply to
meow2222