Concrete shrinkage - how much and when does it stop

Can anyone give me any guidance here

I'm planning to shutter a hearth for a fireplace I'm building. As I want the hearth height to be as exact as possible, I'm a bit concerned about concrete shrinkage. Can I assume that for a reasonable strong mix reinforced that this is negligible? I dont want the seals on the stove flue leaking as a result of the hearth dropping

TIA Sean

Reply to
Sean

Concrete never strops shrinking. After about 70 years theres nothing left.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Not so much the strength as the wetness. Mix it strong and as dry as you dare.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher