Computer (OT)

I have taken a giant leap and ordered a 500GB and a USB to SATA Lead so that I can clone my HDD.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

WEll I cant evene remember WHAT is in here

$ df -h | grep /dev/sd /dev/sda1 72G 34G 35G 50% / /dev/sda3 37G 18G 18G

50% /home/leo/VirtualBox VMs

Looks like 120GB - 35GB for programs and 18G for a winXP installation in a VirtualBox used ......

And the rest totally unused.

I think my lappy is even smaller - 60GB

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You main problem is 'DELL'. Nothing is standard re cables and power supplies.

Reply to
Andrew

I keep source on an SSD, and write the object files there too. Spinning rust is just too slow for a 16 thread compilation.

BTW I have a 5MB (yes, 5 million) disc here. I keep it to frighten the kids with.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris