Computer data back-up schemes.

I like a File window for dragging files to and from rather than a CLI

Yes I am looking at OneDrive and DropBox. (both of which I use.)

Wil AWS S3 Deep Archive support windowed ops like this or has it got to be CLI?

Also whats the DL and UL bandwidth like as I would want it to saturate my FTTH service at 500 MBit/s (and if I upgrade to 900 MBit/s saturate that too)

Reply to
SH

This is most important when in the midst of something, perhaps a source file has been saved and then it becomes necessary to revert urgently to the previous version, in order not to lose development momentum. That's when I

*don't* want to fart about with CLI commands to effect a restore, I want the EXACT same interface that the Finder already provides me with, to restore a file, then I can get back to what I was doing in the minimum time.
Reply to
Tim Streater

That's OK, but a bulk restore from nested folders is a lot easier, with a single CLI command.

Oh, the web interface works the same either way. But not drag and drop (someone may have written one, I guess).

Not sure. I saturate it at 50Mb/s up (my limit) and it seems to go much master 'down' (I have 300 Mb/s). I could go up to 1Gb/s (nearly) but don't need it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's not what I use Deep Archive for. It's for long term backups, and restore takes hours anyway (for the lowest price).

The stuff I need instantly is backed up elsewhere on the network, with vital stuff on tarsnap too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I use a free version of S3drive from "/n software", it maps a drive letter to a bucket, that way you can simply use any file manager you choose.

I use it for standard S3 buckets, not sure if it can be pointed to glacier or glacier deep buckets?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The point about Glacier* is that you can't just access the file. You have to request it to be retrieved to standard S3 for a specified time, then access it normally. So the GUI needs a way to specify a restore.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Would it be worth sticking on the Wiki Bob?

Reply to
John Rumm

Indeed. I'll need an account first! Or I can email it to you.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Drop me an email with your preferred username and I will create one for you... or send me the text if you prefer.

Reply to
John Rumm

Email sent.

Reply to