Combit time switch

I have a Vaillant Combi ecotec boiler and I am fitting a time switch and thermostat. The instruction manual seems to show that connection

3 and 4 are simply a switch connection and are volt free. Is this the case as the Salus time switch and thermostat I have bought produce a switch live voltage of 240v. Do I connect the switch live to 3 and the neutral to 4?

Thanks

Reply to
compactpowerhouse

Connect only volt free contacts to 3 and 4, certainly NOT any neutral line. One of these is at 230v and you would get a dead short. Check out your controller instructions again as to whether or not the thermostat contacts are volt free.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith