Combing RF signals

I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Borosteve.

Reply to
borosteve

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember borosteve saying something like:

I did something similar recently using an Antiference A240D to feed 3 bedrooms with Sky remote in each.

In my case I was able to run a to and from coax to the Skybox, but I would think you could take the single coax from RF2 out and combine that with the UHF using a decent combiner before inputting it to the A240D.

'll also need the ME100BK Remote Eyes for each room and the Outlet Plates SW700.

If you need any help with it, the Antiference tech guy Rob, is very helpful indeed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I am not sure about the combining of the RF, but I've just spent a while sorting out a Skylink setup. The individual Skylink remote sensors need the

12V signal on the RF2 output. If you are setting up any form of splitter then any short in any Coax lead (even a single strand of the screening sheath) will stop the Skylink working. Such a short would also degrade picture quality. You need to check all your plugs/sockets carefully. I found the best way to proceed was in careful steps.
  1. Connect skylink directly to RF2 outlet - is it working?
  2. Connect skylink in to RF2 cable in loft - is it working?
  3. Connect skylink to output of your splitter/distributor - is it working?
  4. Connect in one TV, with skylink - is it working?
  5. Connect the next TV...

Some splitters explicitly isolate the 12V power pass through - that would show up at Step 3.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

Distribution amps to handle and mix VHF, UHF, and satellite feeds do exist.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:22:57 -0700, borosteve mused:

or

Reply to
Lurch

A friend used the latter: It worked pretty well actually.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:28:38 +0100, The Natural Philosopher mused:

I've fitted a few. Much easier than arsing around with splitters\combiners and cables backwards and forwards everywhere in most circumstances. Half of it won't be used in this instance but it's the easiest way to do it.

Reply to
Lurch