Combined smoke and heat alarm

After checking the regulations I think I was wrong to about a smoke alarm outside the flat. The regs require the landlord to "ensure ... when the premises are occupied under the tenancy...a smoke alarm is equipped on each storey of the premises on which there is a room used wholly or partly as living accommodation". I think the "storey of the premises" is more likely than not to be read to mean "in the premises on each story". I could be wrong. But a quick search found guidance one way or t'other.

TLDR: I think you need a smoke alarm in the flat unless your LA is happy for you not to provide one.

Reply to
Robin

I don't trust them:-)

One minute you are fitting CO detectors for them in places that they are not needed - the next minute you're in a pub opposite a strip bar with them looking for a Latvian pole dancer to appear from the strip bar.

Reply to
ARW

These problems seem to follow you about. Bill

Reply to
wrights...

Problems? You call those /problems/?

Reply to
Robin

If it does your detector is too close.

Reply to
Animal

Something isn't right, fixed temp heat alarms are set to temps high enough to never false alarm in normal circumstances.

Reply to
Animal