combi vs conventional

If it can be counted as writing, classing it as random finger prodding seems more apt at times...

Reply to
...Jerry...

Mt Arse, thank you for your sold contribution.

Reply to
IMM

If the multpoint gives the flowrate you want, then a good soilution. If the boiler is down you still have DHW.

Personally I prefer two combi's.

Reply to
IMM

Continually reading Mein Kampf is not a god thing, try The Guardian, the Daily Mirror, The Observer and the Independent. They will set your right.

Reply to
IMM

That would be the Bible.

They may be useful for wrapping chips, but that's about it.

There aren't any quality newspapers left any longer. Even the Times has taken to running sensationalist crap.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

To you, yes.

WW2 was a long time ago.

I ust gave you some.

Reply to
IMM

Yup could not agree more - can't make head nor tail of most of the stuff you write...

So you accept it might be a requirement? Jolly good you are now on the first steps to a new enlightenment! Just repeat the following mantra to yourself "One size does not fit all, no matter how much I would like it to"

11:45pm - that better? (The bath tap was turned on at 11:42pm)

You will perhaps have to adjust your world view to a household that has more than just one bath and perhaps includes (oh the decadence) a separate shower as well.

In your case I could understand that would be an issue. Even if the instructions were printed on the underside of the plug.

Oh the irony... Tell me how is snow white these days?

Erm - do you not have a reality check problem with the above? First a combi is suitable for every household, but then for some of those "every" households you will need a heatbank or two combis or a combi with a PP drill.

Do you have a short term memory problem? Or are you just inconsistent?

Who is talking about "average"? Other than perhaps being a level of intellect you aspire to.

You opinion is noted but disregarded. Thank you.

Then by your definition 10% of average homes, plus an unknown proportion of non average ones would be better suited with something else. That would be because the combi boiler has limitations they would wish to avoid I presume? Or perhaps they are just not available in the right colours.

Are you incapable of holding any discussion without making unsupported sweeping generalisations?

Alzheimer?s it would appear....

If you turn the hot tap full on then yes...

I bet you wear a sooty glove puppet as well... It would explain your typing, and I guess makes sex feel like it is happening with someone else.

OK Deceased equine, consider yourself beaten.

Reply to
John Rumm

"Andy Hall" wrote | There aren't any quality newspapers left any longer. Even | the Times has taken to running sensationalist crap.

They printed my letter the other week.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's impressive. I've had a couple in there but not recently.

It seems that you either have to cover a topical point in an interesting way or send them a dotty vicar story.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Andy Hall" wrote | "Owain" wrote: | >| Even the Times has taken to running sensationalist crap. | >They printed my letter the other week. | That's impressive. I've had a couple in there but not recently.

It's my first Times letter, previous publication history is limited to Electronics Something years ago, and PC Magazine (who never sent me the £20 they promised for letter of the month).

| It seems that you either have to cover a topical point in an | interesting way or send them a dotty vicar story.

Or write something slightly topical, slightly humorous, non-controversial, and very short, that they can use as filler.

Rev Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Tony Bryer" wrote | Did you get phoned up by a letters editor and given the third-degree | on you use of English?

No. I had a pleasant chat with a Tim Nice-and-Very-Intelligent-Sounding type who said they liked to talk to their "authors" before publishing, wanted to check whether I was a Mr or a Sir, and hoped I'd write again.

| Perhaps yours didn't need improving but when they printed a letter | of mine a few years back I was taken through what I had written | as if I were an 11 year old schoolboy. "I think that you mean | large supermarkets, not big" said my inquisitor and I felt | powerless to disagree. And so it went on, sentence by sentence | being reconstructed.

I'm sure they only did that to make the line-endings neater when printing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Now that is class.

Ever thought about the diplomatic service or even sales?

On Tony's point, I had the same experience and pointed out that English is derived from multiple languages and has such an enormous vocabulary because generally there are at least two words that can be used in a given situation. Therefore to maintain the cultural diversity, I pointed out to the Times person that they should use a selection of words and not just those of Latin derivation. He took it on board but then used the Latin words anyway.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes. I got a couple of letters published in the Sunday Express. I was mentioning how asylum seekers and economic migrants, on average, benefit the country. I was careful to particularly point out how retired people particularly benefit from the fact that it makes it much easier to find care workers and hospital staff. Oddly, the first of these letters apparently produced one of the biggest mailbags ever received by the paper, mostly from retired folk who didn't seem to appreciate the superb efforts made by the many immigrants responsible for much of their care.

I actually received hate mail directly in return. I was particularly impressed by the Royal Mail, who delivered it when it simply had my name and town on the envelope (as published in the paper). The hate mail consisted of lots of newspaper cuttings with pictures of primary school classes starting the new year, most of whom were not of European ethnic origin, asking if I wished to live in a place like that. The answer obviously being yes, given that my local primary school is a good mixture of many cultures, which will hopefully mean my children will grow up with a tolerant and respectful attitude, rather than a bigoted and racist one.

Maybe I'll try the Times next time, but I suspect the readership will be slightly less rabid, so less easily provoked.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" wrote | Yes. I got a couple of letters published in the Sunday Express. ... | I actually received hate mail directly in return. I was particularly | impressed by the Royal Mail, who delivered it when it simply had | my name and town on the envelope (as published in the paper). ...

The Times publishes full addresses, but I think one may write from one's club.

| Maybe I'll try the Times next time, but I suspect the readership | will be slightly less rabid, so less easily provoked.

Or perhaps slightly more rabid but across a wider diversity of eccentricities. My letter was on the subject of sharpening pencils in polling stations. So far no hate mail from fountain-pen devotees.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Damn, I thought Express readers were bad but I didn't know they were that bad! Sorry to hear it. Express readers are normally sophisticated Daily Star readers.

Reply to
StealthUK

I was quite amused by it. I was very annoyed that the gutless coward didn't leave a return address, though, as I would dearly have liked to lecture him further.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

;-) Just what was needed while Clarry weeps her heart out...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

non-controversial,

So we are told. I know a CORGI heating engineer who had a contract with a Housing Association in London installing and maintaining heating systems. Flats were gutted and renovated at great expense and given to "asylum seekers". About half were trashed in well under a year. It usually coasted about 15K to bring them up to standard again. The worst, according to him, were Somali's. All paid for by "our" taxes. I can think of better ways of spending our taxes.

Any benefit these migrants do for us must be weighed by other factors. If we are short of labour we could always have contacts for limited periods instead of allowing permanent residency.

Reply to
IMM

Because they want to appear fully sane?.... !

Reply to
...Jerry...

The EU banned the wrapping of chips in newspaper a while ago - not that it matters because they have pinched all the cod anyway.

Reply to
Andrew