bits for hot water fettling

Back again, sorry folks.

After all the advice I've had here, I've decided on what to do, so I went off to a couple of large plumbers suppliers darn Basildon, and got totally blanked.

If I didn't want a combi installed, I could naff off, and even though I could see Albion indirect cylinders in the yard, they weren't going to discuss flogging them or other bits. Pointless me mumbling about no stored water, or not brilliant mains flow even when the pressures ok.

Also you lot know naff-all about piping, or anything else.

(Considering these two were in competition, they seemed to have very similar hymnsheets, in fact, thinking back, I think they were clowns, sorry clones......spooky.)

So I'm going to have to get my bits off the net, which I don't much like as I like to know what I'm getting.

So - the plan is to put in an indirect vented HW cylinder, 100 litres ish, Albion springs to mind, but you may know better.

Also a boost pump, about 1 bar - do they come variable speed, or should I adjust if need be with a valve?

I want to replace all stopcocks and gate valves with ball valves, but of course I want them to be full bore.

Same for the 3 port valve, or 2 through valves if I use S plan, but I'd as soon use Y plan if I can get a full bore valve..

So can you advise on these components, I don't want to buy them and then find I've got some manky flow stranglers, and it doesn't look as if I'll be able to check for meself.

Sorry to intrude yet again, but it seems all the helpful pro plumbers (Hi Ed) live here.

TIA

mike

Reply to
mike ring

I'm really not sure there's that much difference between the different manufacturers' cylinders these days. FWIW I've had good experiences with Range cylinders.

I've bought quite a few full bore ball valves from Screwfix, and have no complaints there. (Pegler ones, e.g. 18343)

Reply to
Grunff

From earlier posts an 80 litre Telford Typhoon quick recovery is the one to go for (take no notice of know-it-all amateurs) using a 3-way "diverter" valve in a priority system. The Typhoon is cheap and from Travis Perkins.

Getting more complex and expensive (and noisy).

These are readily available. Don't buy cheap ones.

Use a priority system with a 3-way diverter valve. This directs all the boilers output to the DHW giving zippo re-heats and heating the cylinder as water is being drawn off.

Ever considered a high flowrate combi. The Alpha CB 50 has been mentioned here. This is simple to fit and delivers all the hot water you need at high pressure. Other 15-16 litre/min combi's are around too.

Reply to
IMM

lovely :)

lol