Combi Boiler locations

HI All

I wish to install a combi boiler, but the only location I have for it would be below the stairs. The main gas inlet for my home is also in this location.

Does anyone know if this is ok with all the regulations and if a corgi regs will be able to install it in this location? Has anybody else got thir combi in the same location as gas inlets?

Any answers for registered gorgi plumbers would be appreciated.

Cheers Eddie

Reply to
EddieH

No problem under stairs.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Where would the flue & condensate pipes go?

Reply to
John

Thanks so much. I am going to do all the piupework and mount the combi myself, but will then get the plumber in to connect to the gas line. I am grateful that you replied, as I have already started the work. So, no problem if the combi and main gas inlet is in the same location! GREAT NEWS!

Reply to
EddieH

There are plenty of other restrictions on the siting of your new boiler with respect to the flue and the condensate drain (assuming you are fitting a condensing combi). Check a boiler manual (e.g.

gives a diagram of the allowed locations for a flue. For example the flue must not be positioned with 30cm of an opening.

Reply to
Wingedcat

which gives a diagram of the allowed locations for a flue. For example

Third party condensate drain pumps are available.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks for all the replies. I have checked out all the restrictions and have made sure the pressure release is towards the outside and that the overflow is connected to a waste.

It's more to do with the gas regs. Seems a bit dangerous to me to have the boiler and the gas > > EddieH wrote:

Reply to
EddieH

The pressure relief pipe must go through the wall to outside. The an elbow down, then and elbow facing towards the wall. If it blows off it will then not scald anyone.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sounds like an excellent place for it, if the installation is viable.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Might be a problem in a halls adjoining semi. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)