Combi Boiler in Bedroom

Hello I am about to sell me flat, but may have an issue wrt combi boiler. When I bought it it had 1 bedroom and another room that they were calling a "dining room" but it was patently another bedroom. This 2 nd room has the combi boiler mounted in a cupboard within it. Is it prohibited to install combi boilers in bedrooms ?

Regards Dave

Reply to
Dave D

No, but you may not like the noise and your prospective buyer might not either. OTOH they may not notice or care.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

My mate has a maintaince contract with BG (who are pretty jobs worth types), his combi is in bedroom, so I guess that its fine. However if I were a potential buyer, it would certainly go down as a big negative!! (noise at

6:00am every winter morning, and the 'idea' of carbon monoxide around the place whilst sleeping!)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

You would probably be sleeping whatever the room if there was carbon monoxide around!

Reply to
Ric

My brother has one in his spare bedroom, noise is obviously an issue, but not too bad with modern boilers, but what is more notcable is the fumes occasionally being blown into the bedroom window. The flue meets all the regs and is located a long way away from the window, my brother is/was a Corgi registered fitter, but on the back of terrace house with the wind in the right direction you can smell the fumes occasionally. He as a mains powered CO detector, in the bedroom, which he would always recommend if boiler was in a bedroom and it has never triggered despite the fume smell.

Reply to
Ian Middleton

No it should be fine. Most combis will have a fanned flue (or at least a balanced one) and so are room sealed, meaning that combustion products can't enter the room, provided that the case seals are kept in good condition.

The main problem is nuisance noise.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Excellent news: Thanks all. I will point it out as a feature, it will save money on heating bills by not wanting to have it switched on due to noise !!. :-)

Reply to
Dave D

At the very least, fit a carbon monoxide alarm, so you don't die when asleep.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

The best way to die (so I am told)

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Like many other ways, it's a really bad way to not quite die, as happened to the wife of a colleague, who has been left permanently brain damaged. (This was not due to a gas appliance.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel