gas combi boiler installation

Hi Im gettting a gas combi boiler and 5 radiators installed in the next week or so i have a couple of questions i hope someone can help with Firstly ive been told the boiler will have to be placed in my daughters bedroom and ive worries if it will be noisy or generate heat in her room ? Secondly ive just put laminate floor down in all the bedrooms and again advised that this will have to come up in order for the pipes to be installed ? its a 3 bedroom terrace 3 radiators being installed upstairs 2 downstairs Is what im being told correct or does this sound odd ?

Many thanks Gary

Reply to
gary

ive just had new central heating installed, 3 & a towel rail upstairs & 3 downstairs, we had warm air heating before this, the boiler has gone in the cupboard where the emersion tank was & I can hear it when it fires up & is running, its not particulary noisy but certainly am conscience of it, but i think its where we arnt used to it, the heat it gives off is very minimal, im no heating engineer but seems strange putting it in a bedroom, unless its going in a cupboard. I was offered the chance to have the boiler fitted in the loft as the boiler is fitted with a frost protection system, didn't realise they could fit them in lofts, but decided to have it in a cupboard. no copper pipe was used, only at the boiler, most of the pipe was plastic with crimped on connection ends, i have to say my installer made a very neat & tidy job, with only a small amout of disruption to the flooring, which was chipboard, i think. you've not mentioned a rad in the bathroom, we've not a particulay large bathroom so we went for a radiator towel rail, kicks out heat nicely.

Reply to
reg

Strange that it's going in the bedroom, I had mine fitted in the kitchen. Are there existing radiators? If so I see no need to uplift the flooring unless the existing pipes are bad, most use those plastic speedfit things nowadays.

Redman

Reply to
Redman

Regarding having the boiler in a bedroom, heat will be given off mainly from the hot water supply and return pipes connected to the boiler. There will be some noise as the boiler lights up and heats the water. Isn't there any where else it can be sited? Mine was installed in the loft.

Regarding lifting the bedroom floors, this will be necessary if these are new rads in order to lay the central heating water supply and return pipes. Another option would be to bring them down the bedroom walls from the loft. Also, lifting the floors may be necessary in order to lay the gas supply pipe to the new boiler.

Reply to
DIY