cold water air-lock

Hi there,

I have a studio flat in London and I've removed the bath tub and intend to replace it with a shower. My problem now is I don't seem to have cold water flowing in the bath room. Hot water is fine and cold water from the kitchen is working fine so it must be an air lock. I've tried the usual way to get the airlock out (connected kitchen cold to the bathroom cold) but without success. The building is 3 storeys high ( ground, 1st and 2nd floor) and my flat is on the 1st floor. I'm assuming the bathroom cold water supply comes from the tank on the roof. My question is how do I get the cold water to flow again?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Reply to
ian

Put a car foot pump over/in the open tap outlet then pump it a couple of times and release the pump nozzle, you might have to attempt this a few times.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

How did you turn off the water in the first place?

Not a gate valve by any chance?

(I only ask because I spent some time a few weeks back investigating the case of the missing cold supply, only to find that I had not actaully turned it back on! I thought I had - the valve "opened" but no water came through. Later investigation found the handle had broken off from the internal valve body somewhere and was simply turning without doing anything!)

Reply to
John Rumm