Clock Help

I have an Austrian type of clock with two brass weights (balls) that hang down on two long chains. My wife has pulled these up too high and the weights are right under the clock now and are tight to the clocks body.

Is it possible to get these both down, if so how please

Thanks

Reply to
Ben Short

Ah.. how didI do it?

one way is to flick uup the chains link by link over the sprockets until you can slide them down.. a bit of thin celluloid etc. may work.

ISTR as a kid removing the pendulum and going into warp speed by tugging on the weights till I unjammed them so my dad never found out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I used to do something similar with a cuckoo clock but can't recall how I fixed it

Reply to
Usenet Nutter