Cleaning specs

Actually I think this one does cut/grind lenses to shape, my last two pairs have been non-standard lens shapes, he still has the patterns in my folder. I know he doesn't do the coating on site.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you are saying he takes stock lenses and shapes them to fit the frame then this is probably true. However he won't be grinding lenses to fit your prescription. He may be tinting as that is a chemical process but it has to be done before the AR coatings. AR coatings can be hard to apply if its a multicoated system so he probably doesn't do that either.

Reply to
dennis

I didn't mean he is grinding lenses from blanks, just "cutting" them to fit frames, or to desired shape.

He's said he will do the stripping of the old coatings (hydrofluoric acid?) and they then get sent off for re-coating which takes a couple of days turnround.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The message from Ian contains these words:

Remove lenses and nosepiece(s), clean and reassemble. Dead simple with metal frames. With plastic frames use ultrasonic cleaner.

Reply to
Appin