Cleaning or re-grading gravel drive?

My gravel drive is in a bit of a state.

Over the years we've had 5mm, 10mm and 20mm gravel, and the last lot was unwashed, so came with free silt!

I'm thinking of shoveling it up and cleaning or re-grading it, just keeping the 20mm. I could do it with a riddle, but there is about 10 tons. Is there a machine I can hire?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

The message from Nigel Molesworth contains these words:

I made one many years ago for the local market garden. 8x4 sheet of weldmesh with an old lawnmower engine welded to it. Mounted on springs, offset lump of iron on the motor's shaft. Riddled sandy soil wonderfully.

Reply to
Guy King

The continental beach resorts drag a gizmo behind a tractor that scoops up the sand, and puts it though a mesh filter that itself is rather like a conveyor belt in that it rotates and carries the bigger bits forwards into a hopper. Can't have the little dears seeing things like seaweed or driftwood can we !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It's actually for mincing up dog turds so you can't see them when you walk on the beach in bare feet.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Don't bother really.

If you rake and roll, the small stuff sinks to the bottom and the 20mm will end up at the top. Its that simple. Get a Wacker and wack the hell out of it after raking.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher