Cleaning Fence prior to re-stain

Any chemists here ?

Need to re-stain my fence panels ? these are 4x1 pails staggered either side of 4x2 horizontals, in 6? x 5? panels .. set into concrete H posts, atop of concrete gravel boards (painted to match stain colour) Around 300? of it to do.

Some of the panels in shady areas have the dreaded green algae finish. Intending to wash down with pressure washer ( fan setting not to raise grain) ???.. many US videos advise pre-treat with a cleaning solution.

3:1:1 water:bleach:TSP

When I cleaned my patio ? I used a cleaning solution of Sodium Hypochlorite (14%) Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide at 3:1 hypo mix with water and around 2% of amine as a surfactant.

As I have plenty of these left, anybody know if this would be suitable for washing down the panels ? ?. or do I need to get some TSP.

Reply to
rick

It makes little difference what you use, There will be algae back in a few months anyway.

Reply to
harry

It took more than 5 years last time for it to be significant... so as long as I clean it off ... I can re-stain

Reply to
rick