Clamping voltage on surge protector?

There is a point on the edge of the strike where there is very little damage done. A surge protector could remove that.

I've never unplugged anything when a storm approaches, as the chances of it affecting me and not the other several thousand nearby houses is very remote In fact during the last storm, I continued digging my pond (using a metal spade aswell). Perhaps if I was the only house on top of a hill I'd unplug things, but then I'd get myself some bloody big lightning rods anyway.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Apparently Ben Franklin had it wrong.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Probably they are.

The front and rear hooves of a horse tend to be further apart than a human's feet. Just to add to it we tend to wear non-conductive shoes, and put metal ones on the horse.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I see. Very helpful article.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

One significant principle applies here. Best protection is to be a priest having your best golf game. We all saw proof in Caddy Shack. Then lightning only highlights the event.

Reply to
westom