Chrome tap gaskets?

Clearly I don't know the correct term - but I know what I want.

In a previous saga I removed the taps from a cast-iron bath. The holes in the bath were square! This came as a bit of a shock but apparently is not unknown.

However, the taps - which I had previously bought :-( - don't quite cover the holes.

So - what I want is a round washer-shaped thingy (preferably chrome or black plastic) to fit between the tap and the bath. Do such things exist and where can I get them?

TIA

Another Dave

Reply to
mfcexpert

They do, or at least did, exist. I threw two chrome plated examples away about three weeks ago :( In true DIY style, you could machine a couple up out of a scrap stainless steel sink... :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

Last time I did taps on a bath like that I managed to fill the showing bit of hole with white silicone and position the taps so only a minute bit of each corner of the hole was exposed, so there was little chance of the silicone getting damaged.

-- John Stumbles

-+ bitwise, bytefoolish

Reply to
John Stumbles