Choc bloc caps

There is a smaller version for lighting... however do you need a box at all for 12V linkages (and given the wago terminals are much better looking that chock blocks anyway)

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , at 19:15:05 on Tue, 12 Nov

2013, Bill Wright remarked:

I'd rather not, as that would mean drilling several holes through the substantial bases. I've already ruled out insetting the LEDs (even though they would fit like that) because of having to drill the large holes required. So everything needs to be surface mounted.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 19:18:06 on Tue, 12 Nov

2013, Bill Wright remarked:

I'd rather just buy something designed to fit as a cap over a choc-bloc, and spend 5 seconds installing each one.

Reply to
Roland Perry

solder and heatshrink

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , at

19:26:21 on Tue, 12 Nov 2013, John Rumm remarked:

Which is why I'm looking for simple clip-on cover for the choc-blocs.

Reply to
Roland Perry

+1
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reading through the thread, I was wondering when I'd see this suggestion. Think I'd do that.

Reply to
polygonum

The only thing I can think of is one of these with the contents removed as a box for the choc blocks - may need to use singles

rbel

Maybe it's just me, but I find it very hard to find some things on RS if I don't have just the right name for a thingammy, or a model number of something similar to hit the right category.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I was suggesting ditching the chockblocs for wagos...

Reply to
John Rumm

Or for that matter - short bit of wide heatshrink over the whole chockblock

Reply to
John Rumm

junction

Hum, so you have a cable from each one running forward to each light. Instead of one cable running forward to be split in junction boxes tucked up behind the valance. Probably but not just a thought/idea...

Telephone Block Terminal 77B 3 Pair Screw approx 2" x 1 3/4" x 1" high in white plastic. Note 77*B* not 77A the A suffix has IDC connections.

Or as some one else suggested alarm wiring junction boxes the 6 way is about 1" wide, 3" long and 3/4" high. Be aware that a couple of the terminals are joined by a normally closed switch. Two bits if tin that are forced together when the lid is on, said bits of tin can be removed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sorry, not replying to right part of discussion. Someone mentioned the pelmet/skirt earlier; I'd agree that it doesn't hide sight of gubbins that's well back, but couldn't you run the cables etc in the angle between the pelmet and wall-cupboard bases? They'd be invisible then over almost all their length. Or run cables (and hide choc blocs) inside the sort of plastic trunking that's normally used to hide cables running along walls?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Yes, but that option doesn't seem to be available to you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Well I was going to suggest that, but the last time I mentioned soldered joints I was shouted down.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , at

22:58:39 on Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts remarked:

The way the kitchen has been designed, no two of the cabinets are next to each other. They are all separately hung. Going round clockwise it's:

Cupboard-Window-Cupboard-Freestanding fridge freezer-Cupboard-gap in a corner-Cupboard-Freestanding range-Cupboard.

As a result each cupboard needs its own independent lighting feed.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 00:42:23 on Wed, 13 Nov

2013, Bill Wright remarked:

Only because I haven't yet found anyone selling them.

Reply to
Roland Perry

I have got to agree with Bill what you are after does not exist, after 15 years of teaching electronics I have not come across something like this. You are going to have to bite the bullet and settle for one of the solutions already offered.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

*Many* years ago, I had a small stock of 2 way chocolate blocks with "snap on" covers. You screwed the blocks to a flat surface, then pushed the covers over the top of them, which were held on by moulded lugs. The bad news is that I have no idea where they came from and I haven't seen them for decades.
Reply to
Huge

In message , at 10:49:10 on Wed, 13 Nov 2013, Huge remarked:

with four little slots to let the wires out

Welcome to my world :)

Reply to
Roland Perry