Chimney liner problem

My sweep recently told me that gaps had appeared around the top of my liner and should be filled in. How can I seal these gaps without filling the space between the liner and the chimney down to the bottom of the liner?

A nice stiff mix and no rain for a day ;-)
None wrote:

Fire rated expanding foam
--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Thanks Phil. Do you recommend any brand?
Mike
None wrote:

Not really - they all meet stringent fire regulations, just get a cheap one if you can find one, and fire rated foam is pink, not yellow. It's highly unlikely there's going to be much heat up there, but better to be safe than sorry. You'll still need to point over with sand and cement after the foam's set BTW.