chimney breast removal

I want to remove chimney and chimney breast completely. My house is a end terrace and the chimney is at the very end opposite from the neighbouring house. Removing the chimney would result in having a gap where a cavity wall becomes a single leaf of bricks. So, I am thinking of bridging the 'half hole' by 'rebuilding' the inner leaf of bricks in order to balance the overall structural strenght of the wall (i.e. a normal cavity wall). One major concern is that probably the foundations aren't designed to receive the inner leaf of bricks as these where originally designed to support the chimney structure which is about 200-250mm wider than the innner leaf course. Will I have to modify the foundations?

Reply to
Alex