Chemical for cleaning bricks?

I have a bit of a messy re-pointing thing happening and a lot of my bricks now look a bit discoloured due to waste cement splashing them. Wire brush has not removed all traces, so I want to know if there is a good chemical I can wash the bricks with?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
Rickard Dwiggery

Brick acid from a builder's merchants

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks Andy, I'll have a look.

Rick

Reply to
Rickard Dwiggery

Obviously be careful. It is somewhat concentrated hydrochloric acid and will dissolve certain types of stone etc.

Have a bucket of water on hand and wear appropriate protection. The acid will tend to attack cotton clothing as well.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Too true, I guy I know got some in his eye ..... called for his mother and he was 36!

Reply to
BillV