Checking water pressure

Hi,

You can get pressure reduction valves

work out cheaper than the hozelock kit.

James

Reply to
James Salisbury

Thanks - got them in-mind, however there is a secondary problem of flow-rate which is rather pathetic and the water people say that as it's an issue on my property they can't do anything about it. (They did replace the street stop c*ck though). So 8.5 bar but less than 10 litres per minute.

I think there's a pipe crushed under the alleyway, but digging it up isn't an option right now..

Cheers,

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I'm always impressed that the joints don't just explode. The plastic always seems quite thin and takes a hammering being dropped, etc.

Reply to
Scott M

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Timothy Murphy saying something like:

Tell my Group Scheme (or LA) that. Last time I measured it, it was up over 10bar in the wee small hours. A bit lower during the day, of course, but still too high. I found it an absolute necessity to fit a pressure reducer. Amusingly, the mains pipe in the road suffers from a leak or catastrophic blowout every month or so, somewhere up the line from me. Will the LA fit pressure reducers? No, that's too fecking simple.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon