cheap sheet roofing

Just got to bodge up the asbestos garage for another year. Need to replace a pitched roof panel around but less than 8'x4'. In the past I had a thin sheet of ply (~5mm) Then coated it with 3 coats of bitumen paint I also had lying around. Now I've only got the paint. What's my cheapest solution i.e. what sheeting do I buy? I'm sure it will be a compromise based on its weight and it not blowing off!

Reply to
visionset

Two layers of holey wriggly tin with old fertiliser bags in between (fertiliser bags need to be laid in overlapping courses like slates)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

if the existing sheet is broken in 1 or 2 places it could be repaired with resin, =A35-10 from screwstation&Q

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Sheet of 5mm ply is 9 quid, old sheet was asbestos and in many pieces. Thanks all the same.

Reply to
visionset

Youd be hard pressed to find anything cheaper than that. Chip sure aint no use for roofing.

NT

Reply to
meow2222