Cheap or Expensive power tools

According to the Advertising Standards Authority, a cheap LiDL chainsaw is equivalent to a Bosch one:

't believe it when I read it...

John.

Reply to
JM

Couldn't believe it when I read it...

Interesting...

I think my chainsaw came from Aldi or Lidl some years ago, and I didn't give it a 2nd. thought until I blunted the teeeth by cutting into soil a few months ago. Tried buying a new chain from local Husqvarna service agency and was laughed out of the shop. (They did sharpen it for me, though.) So, did some rsearch, and found that my chain was thinner than normal - something not commented on in the adjudication, suggesting that the Bosch is just as thin as mine ?

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Suggesting there may be a difference due to the disposition of the words: "s-o-m-e y-e-a-r-s a-g-o" and the fact you are a little unappreciative of the staying power of said machine.

What part of the phrase: "s-o-m-e y-e-a-r-s a-g-o" do you have the most difficulty with?

Oh I see: "I t-h-i-n-k my chainsaw came from ...."

Must be a Bosch rebadge then.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Sarcasm is s-u-c-h a f-r-i-e-n-d-l-y way of communicating, don't you think?

Reply to
nog

It is. You think a Bosch chainsaw is any good ?

Mind you, I work with plenty of people who think Stihl are worthless crap. They buy their first chain morticer (£500 chains!) and start thinking their royalty.

Reply to
Andy Dingley