Cheap mobiles

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups. Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that was just one store or nationwide, I don't know.

Reply to
News

I used to sell high volume high-end comms equipment to Nokia (and most other telecom companies) in the late 90's early 00's when they had the market for themselves. They were the most arrogant, smug, and rude of the lot of them, and the most hated place for us to go to.

Can't say I feel sorry for them (or what's left of them).

Reply to
JoeJoe

In message , News writes

Round here, it seems to be each store individually.

Some time ago I got a Nokia thing that looks like a Blackberry with the keyboard and biggish screen for a fiver. It was a lifesaver when I had to supervise son's huge fence being put up and needed to send him photos to liaise with the fencing people as they progressed. The getting £30 credit for a Tesco £10 top-up helped as well.

Reply to
Bill

In article , Graham. writes

And Calor's

Reply to
bert

I could tell tales about all sorts of companies...who was on the 'credit hold' list pinned up just behind the counter of the regional tools and metal stock suppliers, which multinational took the longest to pay, and how I threatened them with legal action, or how Arthur Andersens encouraged us to break the law with their help to make money..

.. and how the most honest supplier was a Jewish East End textile trader..'my word is my bond,' and it was. Straight as a die.

people who are not in business have no idea of just how rough and crooked it is behind the façade put up by the large corporations.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Looking at the way the conduct their tax affairs should probably give you a clue as to the rest.

Reply to
JoeJoe