Cheap Chinese rubbish

An LED striplight. After 1 month, BANG! A puff of smoke and a hole blown in the side of it. What I think used to be an inductor has exploded with enough force to rupture the casing. Funny thing is, it continued to work for a day, and now works if I tap it.

Commander Kinsey

Jim Stewart ...

China is Fallout 4.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I remember as a kid that everyone used to say 'don't buy that Jap crap', Cheap Japanese plastic goods had awful reputation; now look a the position of Japanese manufacturing.

In the same way Eastern European Car manufacturers used to be a joke ..... VW & Mercedes now made there. I drive a Skoda ..... would never have thought that 20 years ago.

So it is possible in 20 years time you may have a totally different view of Chinese goods .....

In the mean time - its a buyers choice, nobody makes you buy Chinese.

Reply to
rick

That is down to investment in design. Quality comes from design and quality control of manufacturing processes. Such were never a priority in the old Eastern Block countries.

Yet 20 years, or more, Skoda owners were often polled as being the most happy with their choice of car. They were seen as reliable and the old Skodas won rallies.

I already have a high regard for Chinese goods. With care, they offer very good value.

Quite.

Reply to
Fredxx

Its only a Skoda by label.

Reply to
jon

Pretty well all electronics will include Chinese made components.

Odd the way people thought Japanese products 'awful' considering it was the reliability of their cars and motorcycles that killed the UK industry.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I gather venison is a prized meat. Yet deer are much cuter animals than horses. So why the fuss about killing a horse?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I use Ebay since I can't tell on Amazon if it's from Amazon or a private seller. Also they don't say how much the postage is until you buy, so you can't easily compare the real price.

I wonder if my two dual xeon systems do? No case at all, the motherboards are on a wooden bookshelf. I wonder if that's why my neighbour has fitted some kind of wifi or mobile phone signal emitter in his garden.

The only emissions I'm concerned about are ones that annoy my other equipment, and they don't seem to be doing that.

Anyway, to be affected, the other equipment would have to fail the test too, since to pass FCC legislation a device must be able to accept interference aswell as not produce it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If an Octavia is as good as a Golf, then why doesn't it have a VW badge? It's well known that Skoda get the parts that failed the tests to be VW parts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My Japanese Honda had two failed ABS sensors. So did my VW Golf. But.... the VW ones were £15 each or £7 for a non-genuine part. The Honda ones were £160 and no non-genuine part available. I won't be buying Honda again.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Ebay does. You can't filter them out, and since 90% of the stuff is from there, it's tiresome to manually skip them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Aussies are f***ed in the head. They eat their own national emblem, the kangaroo, but they prosecuted someone on one of those reality gameshow things when they ate a rat.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey