Charities - are they allowed to do this?

David in Normandy wibbled on Wednesday 13 January 2010 12:19

I'm just amazed both by how evil that council is, and how little foresight they have, even by council standards.

Must people go on making the same (obvious) mistakes over and over...

Reply to
Tim W

I didn't think councils set their commercial rates - thought that was done by central government.

Rent would be a different matter, however.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Maybe he was there to tell them the error of their ways and to save their souls? Probably extended to helping those poor girls outside in the rain wearing scanty tops and short skirts who were badly in need of financial aid for warmer clothing ;-) Come back to my cloisters and lets get those wet clothes off you. Hehehe.

Reply to
David in Normandy

David in Normandy wibbled on Wednesday 13 January 2010 18:41

Perhaps administering Extreme Unction with his Bishop's Staff?

Reply to
Tim W

But they didn't get it in the first place AIUI. All business rates go to central government and are then paid out to LAs as grants. But LAs do keep parking penalties, which helps explain why my old hometown of Twickenham had a rotting town centre and 'enthusiastic' traffic wardens.

Reply to
Tony Bryer