Changing a lamp safely

Bribery and corruption.
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com
Am 11.11.2012 22:46, ARW wrote: [Responding to some troll]

Scottish AND red head? Reminds me... You were the motorist? ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8YeLErbEg
SCNR

ROTFPMSL!
The only sexy redhead I know is actually blonde, she dyes her hair red.
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com
On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:41:40 +0000, Mrs Beattie wrote:

Put all the plugs in your bath, sinks etc. and turn the taps on. When the water level rises in your living room as a result, you can use a small boat and reach the bulb - no need for a ladder.

Bloody Morrisons are selling loud fireworks at half price. My dog has been paranoid for a fortnight or so, every night, on account of loud fireworks a mile or so away. Wasn't there some legislation proposed regarding public sale of loud "bangers"?
--
Frank Erskine

On 12/11/2012 02:28, Frank Erskine wrote: <>

Can't see anyone doing anything about it except in the most extreme cases - whatever the legislation.
I used to quite like the big display done by Round Table where I lived. Seemed to satisfy most people and was far more spectacular than anything you can buy from a shop. But now, I find them boring and annoying.
As a kid we used to play with bangers - but after a friend had one shoved up his shirt, that burn was enough to turn me away from careless playing.
--
Rod

Life's no fun without risks.
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why should the rest of the country ruin their fun because of your paranoid dog. Get it a trick cyclist or something.
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com
On 11/11/2012 20:41, Mrs Beattie wrote:

Excellent!
We may joke about it, but changing lamps is a regular job for me. This very week - Tues PM & Thurs AM - I shall be getting paid to do just that on a local business park.

And that's not so unreasonable any more. There is such a very wide variety of lampholders, plus all the different fittings which have to be opened in all sorts of different ways. It's often not even obvious whether they are screw or bayonet.

I have known a few fuckwits break fittings trying to open them the wrong way.
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com
On 11/11/2012 20:41, Mrs Beattie wrote:

Stage 1: Fill out the risk assessment form. Stage 2: Contact a scaffolding company. A ladder isn't safe at heights above 2 inches. Stage 3: Remove bulb Stage 4: Get the light fitting PA Tested Stage 5: Fit new energy saving bulb Stage 6: Contact local Building Control office
--
mailto:newsadmac(dot}myzencouk

That is too close to the truth to be funny.
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Stage 1a: Fill in the risk assessment form.

--
Tim

:-) I too hate this newspeak you get in offices. I can't think of any at the moment, but there are several classic stupid things managers tell you to do.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com
On 12/11/2012 22:09, alan wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?
Stage 2A: Turn off power to entire area.
Removing a bulb without doing so is asking for trouble.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:43:25 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?
You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think there is a 1A else where in the Subject:).
You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live electrical cables.
--
Cheers
Dave.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:15:26 -0000, Dave Liquorice

Indeed:
http://youtu.be/XhBj7g0cnLQ

http://youtu.be/XhBj7g0cnLQ

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com
On 13/11/2012 09:15, Dave Liquorice wrote:

OMG! What was I thinking?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:59:00 -0000, The Medway Handyman

Not one of you suggested gloves. What if the bulb broke, the worker yelped, slipped off the scaffolding, banged his head on the way down, and even worse, landed on top of a health and safety officer?
--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com