Chainsaw

if your hands are not used to manual work wear some gloves , blisters are easily come by. You will also find why fire wood warms you twice, 1 st when you cut or chop it 2nd when you burn it.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

And maybe use a band (rope, string, old pushbike inner tube, ...)

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

And eye protection. I'm surprised none of the axe men in the video wore eye protection. A neighbour lost an eye to a splinter whilst splitting logs with an axe.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

+1 for gloves, I like the knitted ones with just the fingers and palms dipped in rubber, keeping the backs clear to reduce sweating.

and warms you a third time loading it into bags, carting it indoors, and stacking in the inglenook around the wood-burner.

Reply to
newshound

I find that the rubber part doesn't last long before it separates from the glove itself.

I've now got a few pairs of knitted gloves with bits of rubber on them!

Reply to
Mark Allread

Best gloves I've come across are Tornado Contour Avenger. "Seamless lightweight nylon gloves with technically blended palm coating". They stand up to drystone walling, have good grip, but still light enough not to really mess up your dexterity.

Box of 10 pairs approx £12 inc from CostCo.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Now that is cheap! Online they are c 20 UKP (18.80 on Amazon by the look of it) but no Costco near me.

Reply to
Mark Allread

"Seamless

enough

Cheap by comparison to cheap, not so good, gloves from the likes of Screwfix, Tool Station etc.

CostCo is 50 miles from us, don't go very often and try an combine it with other things. CostCo do have a "direct" service but they don't have Tornado's listed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A coupon from Toolsatan for a free pair of gloves arrived the other week, just as I was leaving to buy stuff from them anyway, I thought I might as well try a pair, so I shoved them the coupon and asked for size XL

Sorry mate you'd have to buy those, you can only have size L for free, can't get them on even at a pinch.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd expect, more or less, the same number.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Only decimals.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Decimal digits?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Of course - definitely not feet and inches.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Just fingers and toes.

Reply to