chain resistant to bolt cutting?

London is awash with bits of bikes left chained to something. Anything from wheels to saddles get nicked even if they can't get the whole bike.

Which did make me wonder about the morals of the average biker, since some must be nicking or buying these parts?

As any interviewed on TV etc do tend to come across as 'holier than thou' ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Start up the digger. Reach over the wall with the hoe, and dig up some loose earth. Make a ramp. Drive out. Easy-peasy! :)

Or drive up with a flat bed truck with a crane, like the ones builders merchants use.

There's only so much you can do, isn't there?

Reply to
GB

All you can do is delay the scrots, and hopefully make them have to announce their presence by the noise they have to make. Digger will be immobilised and alarmed as will the gate.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Just like car bits then!

Reply to
dennis

+1. They are relying on having one end fixed very securely while bouncing on the other. (Still impressive demos, though).
Reply to
newshound

I can't see opportunistic thieves having bolt cutters to hand. Certainly the burglary at our house used the fork in the greenhouse to get in (rather than a crowbar). It avoids the risk of being prosecuted for "going equipped".

Reply to
Martin Bonner

On the other hand, one of my crow-bars was a "gift" from a burglar.

Reply to
Andy Burns

But how did they break into the greenhouse? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and at our theatre the would be burglars left behind a good quality angle grinder.

Reply to
charles

The very reason I won't buy secondhand power tools at boot fairs or on ebay. I'm sure a very significant proportion are nicked.

Peter.

Reply to
PJK

Just wear a high-viz jacket and no-one will take nay notice.

Reply to
alan_m