CH - where else do I need valves

Hi folks,

Please could you advise where (if at all) to use full-bore lever valves on my combi CH pipework. I have valves on flow and return (supplied with boiler) then it's a 22mm main tree with 15mm branches to 6 radiators (which all have TRVs + lockshields). Everything in one zone.

I would probably use one for draining point but I am thinking - is there any other place you would want to have valve ? Becasue it's a closed system, can I create something to easier add cleaner/inhibitor

- what would that be ?

you help is appreciated ...

Reply to
olo

A fixed drain point can work well, especially if you can pipe the output through the wall into a nearby gully. So much more civilised than titing about with bits of hose and drippy hose connections.

You could arrange some combination of valves and a section of stand pipe to allow you to isolate a bit of the system, drain it, replace with inhibitor, and then valve it back into the system.

Reply to
John Rumm

My system splits into two branches early on (they are actaully separate zones, but that's irrelevant here). I have isolation valves for each branch to enable me to isolate one if it developed a fault and keep the other working. Also, if you have a leak, you could isolate first one and then the other, in order to narrow down the area of the leak.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel