CH Pump postion help please

I've removed an old Primatic Cylinder and I am up dating the CH system. If I emailed my new design , is there anyone who could advise as whether I have the pump in the correct position? Thanks.

Reply to
Boris

Can't see your design but the pump impeller should turn in a close vertical plane. That is dont let the impeller turn with it's weight on one end. Ed

Reply to
Ed D Ball

The message from "Ed D Ball" contains these words:

It might be easier to say "Have the shaft horizontal".

Reply to
Guy King

My pump was once mounted like that and when I fitted the third one I had the motor sticking up at 45 degree, since when it's run satisfactorily for many years. I suspect particles clag up the shaft if it's horizontal.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Can you upload a diagram to some webspace somewhere, and post a link to it?

Reply to
Roger Mills