CH programmers

amazingly my new heatbank has a programmer that doesn;t remember my programming when there's a power cut/interruption/tripped mcb etc - does that sound right or have i got a duffer?

Getting fecked off with the reprogramming/not knwoing if it's reset itself unless checking - what are the reccommendations for a replacement that remembers!? any to avoid?

Is this an opportunity to soup it up with weather compensation and other clever stuff perchance?

Currently it's a "Danfoss FP715Si" - 2 channel, pretty flexible but what's the point if it can't feckin remember it!!

TIA JimK

Reply to
JimK

Well the Screwfix site says it has battery backup, so perhaps yours hasn't been fitted ?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Perhaps a little bit of plastic tape hasn't been removed from the battery compartment?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

He wont own up either way ! ;-)

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

arf etc

well it remembers the time and day whatever happens so *a* battery is connected somehwere

- nought in it's instructions about remembering programming,

- nought in it's instructions about bits of paper

back to the experts please

Jim

Reply to
JimK

Mine does and doesn't.

Half the time when the power gioes, its because there is some kind of line surge, and that has a 50-50 chance of seemingly wiping out whatever flash RAM or battery backed Ram they use.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've got an old Drayton and coincidentally we has a power outage for a couple of hours at midday and as previously, all settings are retained.

There's no point having a battery if the thing loses it's settings. I'd be having a word with Danfoss, looking for a solution.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

JimK pretended :

As the clock part is likely a separate part to the memory which stores the program and often clocks keep going while the memory is lost if the battery is not quite up to spec.. I would suggest that the voltage of the battery is checked, be it rechargeable or replaceable cell.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

How long has the thing been connected to power? Some have rechargeable batteries that take a while (day or two) to become fully charged from initial power up.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

about 10 months :>) (I still regard it as new...) have emailed DPS and Danfoss and we'll see what occurs.

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Looking at the datasheet

the following information:

"Battery backup on power failure" "Time and all other settings-indefinately"

Hmm, interesting use of the word indefinately. How long is that, 1 year,

10 years or 500,000,000 years?

Maybe the battery isn't fitted correctly or you have a faulty unit

Reply to
Rob Horton

In article , Rob Horton writes

In this instance I would say that indefinitely means just longer than it takes for your rights to expire under SOGA.

Reply to
fred

thanks for the link to the pdf :>)

cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

well so far Danfoss have confirmed that it should retain programming (as we now know), DPS have yet to reply to my emails

JimK

Reply to
JimK

I am sure that the battery is an internal rechargable one on this model.

You have a faulty internal battery.

Pressure Danfoss into a replacement.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

well as DPS supplied the shebang I expect they (contractually) to sort it out pronto.

Should that not work out, I will get back onto Danfoss who have been prompt and informative so far.

cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

so much for pronto, they've apparently sent me another programmer day before yesterday by fedex "next day" - whose website now claims there's an address query - doh! No replies to my emails asking DPS to check it out - seems to be usual practice down there......

You got your ears on DPS??

Reply to
JimK