DHW & CH programmers

Over the summer I will be upgrading my system but I am trying to find a programmer that will suit my shift patterns.

As I work at different shifts over a three week rosta I want a programmer where I can preset the timings for week 1,2 & 3 so I can select which week I'm on at a press of a button.

All of the ones I have found just have the standard 7 day 5+2 day programes which I have now.

Do any of you people in the trade know of a programmer that will suit my requirements.

Reply to
Trevor Smith

If not commercially available then seems like a good choice for something like an Arduino?

Some programmable thermostats have a "days off" function that might do at a pinch.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

A crude solution would be three programmes wired in parallel, with a switch to select which is in charge!

Reply to
John Rumm

I had thought of something similar, as the programmers have battery backup and clip on a baseplate get three and set each for a given week and just swop them over but that will work out an expensive option.

Thanks anyway

Reply to
Trevor Smith

I can't say I've ever come across anything like that for the domestic market, all 1, 7 or 5+2 day jobbies.

What you might be able to find is an industrial timer/programmer that will do n events per day for a year. The sort of thing that controls the flashing lights for schools so they don't come on during the holidays.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

programmer that will suit my shift patterns.

where I can preset the timings for week 1,2 & 3 so I can select which week I'm on at a press of a button.

which I have now.

I took my new prototype Raspberry Pi based heating controller along to the Reading Geek Night last night, but it's not ready for use yet. I have two other households in the family who want heating controllers like the ones I did 13 years ago, and Raspberry Pi based seemed like the way to go nowadays, rather than a PC. (It's more powerful than the 120MHz Pentiums I originally used, and even they were overkill.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

programmer that will suit my shift patterns.

where I can preset the timings for week 1,2 & 3 so I can select which week I'm on at a press of a button.

which I have now.

Were you ultimately planning to have it talk to the serial bus equipped boilers that sport some variant of a two wire interface?

Reply to
John Rumm

programmer that will suit my shift patterns.

where I can preset the timings for week 1,2 & 3 so I can select which week I'm on at a press of a button.

which I have now.

requirements.

Since none of the boilers I control (or plan to control) have this, it's not a priority. Once you've got good heating control, it doesn't seem to pay to replace an old boiler just on economy grounds.

I haven't looked at opentherm yet, but I will when it comes to boiler replacement, and that's probably on the cards for the oldest in the next year.

Actually, one thing I need to find is a source/supplier of room thermostats which are actually just potentiometers, but look like the real thing. I have been using Satchwell DRT3451, but these were really for a range of long-obsolete fanfoil aircon units, and all sources have dried up. I haven't been able to find anything else yet. Obviously, I can make up a box with a knob on it, but it won't look as good as a real molded/contoured one professionally marked up.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel