Ceramic disk tap - where to get replacement ceramic disc or repair otherwise?

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the right words.

Reply to
tinnews

Ring the manufacturer. Preferably the manufacturer of the innards if it is marked (there are only a few) or less usefully the manufacturer of the whole tap.

San Marco were super helpful when I needed a replacement.

Reply to
Calvin Sambrook

Google for "ceramic disc cartridge"

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I just tore the damn thing out and replaced it with a proper tap.

Reply to
Huge

OT. The OP disn't ask what he should do but where he could get the innards :o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Reply to
Huge

Try these

The Wanderer

Ah, yes, thanks, that comes up with some good hits. I needed the "cartridge" bit.

Reply to
tinnews

Wow! :-)

Reply to
tinnews

Nothing standard IME, each one seems different.

Proper independant plumbers merchants stock them, take the cartridge, tap head & screw with you. Some have different sized splines & different length screws.

I did notice some in my local giant B&Q recently, or as others have said

The Medway Handyman

[...]

Or indeed the incomparabl(e/y badly designed)

looking at Brev, we appear to be talking about the same place ...

Reply to
jsabine

Hello I have the same problem of dripping kitchen tap with ceramic discs and quarter turn monobloc mixer tap from screwfix. Did you get any useful replies as I am at a loss as well. thanks.

url:

Yasmin

Larger B&Q stores sell them and you might find them here

The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Yasmin" saying something like:

Go into any decent plumbing suppliers and get a replacement spindle assembly - they're fairly universal. Take the old top half of the tap with you to check it will fit, to save a double trip.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Agreed any decent plumbers merchant will have the inserts. With the mono block be aware that you might want a left hand threaded one. The operating spindle turns in the opposite direction depending on the side of the tap it is on so that say "top away" is always "on".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice