Central heating pump

pump; =A334.

Grundfos pump; =A365.

Devious plumbers; priceless.

Reply to
Aidan

A bit pricy.. they are only £60 in B&Q's shed.

Reply to
dennis

And =A353.50 incl. postage from BES, but they don't stock Wilo pumps. The point is that the Grundfos is a more expensive pump. Whether it's a better pump, is a matter of opinion. I prefer Grundfos.

I suspect the OP got a Wilo because the Contractors saved themselves =A325ish. Did they inform him that he'd get a Wilo pump instead of what he'd requested and did they pass the saving along to him? I fear not; the world is thus.

Reply to
Aidan

And £53.50 incl. postage from BES, but they don't stock Wilo pumps. The point is that the Grundfos is a more expensive pump. Whether it's a better pump, is a matter of opinion. I prefer Grundfos.

I suspect the OP got a Wilo because the Contractors saved themselves £25ish. Did they inform him that he'd get a Wilo pump instead of what he'd requested and did they pass the saving along to him? I fear not; the world is thus.

I had to replace my pump last week. It was a Wilo, about 12 years old but the plastic box housing the switch, etc. disintegrated when I touched it. It was in about 30 pieces. 8-(

Lesson learnt.. don't let the wife stack stuff in the airing cupboard without boarding the CH in.. they don't like being covered in quilts.

Reply to
dennis

I have just had a new c.h.p installed in my 2b/r flat (7 radiators)

Thorn-Apollo combi boiler(wall mounted). It was ordered from installed by a local well established shop from a nearby town. I had requested a grundfos pump as this was the type used in m previous house which had a Potterton free standing Kingfisher boiler When I went to look at the new pump I discovered he had installed Wilo pump.When I queried him he said that the Wilo had an extra 500rpm I think the pump it replaced was a Celsia. Any thoughts

-- mikehh

Reply to
mikehh

Reply to