Central heating noise

Hello! My central heating was completely reinstalled - new pipes, radiators, combi boiler etc in 2004, and I've not had any problems with it since then.

However this winter it seems to have developed an issue whereby the pipes/raditors are making quite audible ticking noises, which go on for about 15 seconds approx every 3 minutes. The boiler seems to be heating the water every 3 minutes, and keeps going for about 15 seconds during which time the radiators make this loud ticking noise then the boiler shuts down and the noise stops.

The heating system appears to be functioning normally, the raditors are hot, and the pressure is nominal, but the noise makes it rather hard to sleep, but mostly because of the worry that there is something wrong with the system!

The noise is obviously from thermal expansion of the pipes, but it's a worry when it has never done this before.

Mark

Reply to
markhewitt1978

I moved house 18 months ago and the CH pipes in the living room tick quite badly when the system is shut down. Keep thinking about cutting a hole in the plasterboard when we decorate and trying to secure the pipes with more clips / lagging.

Reply to
Slider