Central Heating Gurgling

Hi all,

I have a central heating/hot water system and over the last couple of months (following a radiator change in the bathroom), gurgling has crept into the system. Whether the hot water is being heated by the boiler (a potteron Flamingo II), or the central heating is on, every so often gurgling noises will be made around the boiler area (which gets carried through the house). Now and again, it sounds as if whatever air is in the system hits the pump, as we can hear a 'woosh' sound.

All the radiators get hot - fairly quickly with no cold spots. I have tried draining all the radiators and very little (if any) air escapes.

To the right of the emersion tank, just off the =93t pipe=94 besides the pump is a pipe which leads up (about 12 inches) to a manual vent. The vent is stuck fast. I was thinking of putting in an automatic vent.

Will this sort out my gurgling?

Reply to
JaffaB

You also need to make sure that new water is available in the header tank.

Reply to
Ed Sirett