Central Heating air bubbles appearing in FE tank

Hi All,

Before I ask my question - Have a great New Year!

I've been having a few issues with my central heating, I cannot run my boiler on full heat because the over-heat switch keeps kicking in - turning my boiler off. If I turn the pump up to full speed (from medium), water begins to come out of the over hanging vent pipe. A friend advised me that I may have a partial blockage in the pipes around where the boiler flow, feed, expansion, and pump inlet pipework is. He suggested that I use DS40 to cleans the system.

I've now added the DS-40. My rads get real hot, I can now run my pump in full speed and water doesn't (at the moment) pour through the vent pipe. However I keep hearing bubbles coming up through the FE tank. I believe they are entering through the pipe that normally fills the central heating (my system is Open Vented, fully pumped) - this pipe is also hot, further suggesting the fact that water is traveling up this pipe.

Can anyone suggest what is causing this, if its normal during DS40 cleansing (I only put the cleanser in approx 24 hours ago) and how I can get rid of it.

Kind regards,

Danny

Reply to
d_codling