Celcon Standard Aerated Concrete Block

These things appear to be 440 x 215 x 100. Can they be cut down from 215 to 100 reasonably easily on site? I couldn't see 100 x 100 x 440 for sale. Any reason *not* to do that?

Thx,

Reply to
Tim Streater

Old hardpoint saw.

Reply to
<me9

Not *How* to, but is it possible or OK to etc... DUH !

In any case...everyone knows you use a chainsaw FFS !...

;-/

Reply to
Me Here

Indeed but this is uk.d-i-y so use an angle grinder :-)

More seriously, they are very easy to cut accurately although can produce a lot of dust. 100mm is fine, I reckon you could cut to slithers about 10mm wide if you felt like it. Of course you can buy a special saw (big chunky teeth so it's quicker) but there's no need.

If you've not used these before you need to know that they suck water like a sponge. Wet them thoroughly as you work.

Reply to
Calvin Sambrook

replying to Calvin Sambrook, muppet wrote: if you wet them they expand, when they dry they shrink. So you get cracks. If you must, wet the face, but pref just get the mortar mix right.

Reply to
muppet