Ceiling light not turning off

I've recently just fitted a ceiling light it seems to be fitted fine as its came on but is now not turning off. I've put the wires as follows -

Red - brown Earth - earth port Black - blue

Aswell as this I have a lose wire that is red but then coated in grey. I've tried putting this wire in to a empty port on the connecter this did not work I've tried connecting it in with the live but this dint work either. Please can somebody help me and advise me what to do I have a photo as my display picture of the wiring that I have done.

Reply to
Salford5ive

Sounds like you have not used the switched live for the lamp, and wired it to the permanent live instead.

Have a look at the pictures here for common wiring schemes:

John Rumm

Disconnect the red/brown, and connect that wire on the lamp to the grey sleeved red.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes, ish. I going to assume that the blue & brown are a flex or wires to the bulb holder(s) and the red/black/grey sleeved red/earth are fixed wiring.

We need to take into account that red, as there is only one it might be safe to assume that this is the last fitting on a loop through system. But either way it is permenant live and should be fixed into a terminal on it's own. The grey sleeved red should connect to the brown. The rest left as they are.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice