CCTV installation

Just got a 8 camera system to install. Found a 4 module faceplate with double bnc pass through socket modules to get the video leads neatly into the attic space from my study. Can't find a neat way to get the 12v supply via 2.1mm power plugs through. Any suggestions? BTW sorry this is not about the EU.

Reply to
Lawrence

just use 2.1mm spiders in the loft space with the PSU and only run BNC down to study.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

It could be about the EU bet they have an eu standard connector for this.

:-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Given that you've bought the cameras, continue with the coaxial wiring BUT while you are at it, also cable alongside with CAT5 for future IP camera use.

Hmmm.... CAT5e cable is rated maximum of 577mA per wire, 0.188 ohm/metre. Might that work for DC power use, if cores twinned up?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

You could use SCART... ... ...

Reply to
Davey

Could SCART be the worst cable connector ever designed? :-)

Reply to
pamela

No.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is certainly a contender.

Reply to
Davey

Remove the "R". Now look what you've got.

Reply to
Graham.

I have some RCA leads with an inbuilt 12V flying lead for a 12V supply which came with a car camera. Maybe a BNC version exists.

Reply to
Capitol

Use Cat5 CCTV baluns , its a lot easier

have a couple over 70m away , also easier now things are getting changed over to IP cams

Reply to
Adam Aglionby