Cavity wall mess

Mine has blown fibre - no evidence of big holes unless they blew it down from the top.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Probably a better company than the council contractors here.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Rendering.

Reply to
Bod

I had a semi-detached house cavity insulated around 20 years ago, before it went mainstream; I suspect that some fill went into the neighbours', they didn't do anything to stop it. (I realised after I'd left that house that I'd have had more benefit from increasing the amount of loft insulation; what the builders' had put in c1988 was barely an inch thick, I did add more but even more would have been better.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I don't know if the term is Scottish, but it's a common finishing technique here, at least for those not in stone-built tenements or grander hooses. I remember childhoood holidays in England where one of the things that made the place feel different was all the exposed brick buildings.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Only one single socket per room, no RCD protection and if the immersion was switched on at the same time as the kettle the fuse blew.

Reply to
ARW

And that required pulling the walls down?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

????????????

Reply to
ARW

Redecorating != pulling walls down.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Until a few days ago he did not know what a joist was.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It's the same thing as a beam.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You removed the walls to fit some wires?!?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The plaster anyway.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I think brick looks nicer. I don't see why people f*ck it up with harling.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

That sounds like the technical term. Harling is the colloquial term, or perhaps pebbledash.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You walked right into that one, just like a 'newbie'. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

He must be a newbie if he has to redecorate after adding wiring.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Are you a ghost or something?

Reply to