Cavity wall insulation

Thinking of getting this, fibre type I think, but my sis is playing devil's advocate about insulation disintegrating and affecting plumbing and electrics.

Is she right?

On balance, would anyone recommend it, or is it best not to bother?

Reply to
Sheila :-D

There will not be much if any plumbing in your cavity,and have not heard of it affecting electric wire insulation of any kind,personally the benefits are great depending on the house,ie, if you have a large gable end wall or a exposed north facing side then the savings are far greater.Make sure that your loft is up to spec as that is the greater heat loss.

Reply to
Alex

"Alex" burbled:

I had the loft done.

I'm end of terrace so have a large end wall facing E. The wind seems to come from that direction.

Reply to
Sheila :-D

Also make sure the house is as air-tight as possible. Go through the loft with a silicon gun and filling all the holes and cracks. have the hatch door sealed too.

Reply to
IMM