Cats messing on front garden

Since new neighbour moved in I am getting daily piles!

I have currently go plastic netting over the earth, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Moth Balls and Dog/Cat repellant.

Still getting the little piles.

Need to up my game. Any ideas

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Andy Burns

You need a high power water pistol. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Only that you consider the neighbours' possible reactions to whatever you do (and their size, temper, previous convictions, full body tattoos and missing pinky joints, etc.)

Reply to
Robin

Get an old metal biscuit tin. Live feed to lid, return to box. Put cat in tin, close lid and throw the switch. Problem solved.

Reply to
fred

ISTM that if the lid makes good contact with the box it's an equipotential Faraday cage. Is the aim to leave the cat to suffocate?

Reply to
Robin

Not really. Anymore than birds perching on 33kv lines

No path to earth

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its Schrödingers cat...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you can catch the miscreant, rubbing its nose in it is cruel but highly effective. Otherwise, buy some lion dung.

Reply to
GB

These work - I have 2...

We have a visitor who is welcome in the day, but is a right nuisance at night. These work - I've seen how it reacts...

Reply to
Tim Watts

That's why you put the anti-freeze laced cat food in a place that cannot be seen by the neighbour.

Reply to
alan_m

The most humane way is to trap it and then take it deep into the countryside and release it.

Reply to
alan_m

I've had one fitted to my garden wall and cats regularly shit within feet of it. Yes, it is still operting!

Reply to
alan_m

Contrary to Alan_m's experience. I've found the same ones as Tim linked to to be very effective but heavy on batteries so I fitted a cable and run from an indoor wall wart with the cable entering via an airbrick

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Must be deaf... My daughter can hear the thing if the frequency is set to the lower half on the dial. She says it's annoyingly loud.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Get your own cat. A big, scarred, tatty-eared, aggressive one.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I can hear the sounder switching on and off as if when power is first applied it ramps up the frequency. My one also has a blue LED to show activation.

When I first had it it did scare cats but after a very short time the same cats got used to it and took very little notice thereafter. I have tried adjusting the frequency and it makes little difference as a cat deterrent.

Reply to
alan_m

We have one local cat that won't be doing that any more ...

Daughter saw someone pinning up 'Lost Cat' signs on a tree locally and stopped and asked the person about the cat. She did so because she'd put 2 and 2 together as she's had shoveled a cat off the road near there a couple of days earlier (no collar or chip or not a working one anyway).

The owner asked if they could see it and if she would go into their house and explain it to the family. She went back later with a colleague and managed to persuade them that it might be best if they didn't see it (especially the kids) but confirmed it was their cat (from the numerous pictures they had of it).

Funny (as a responsible pet owner myself) they liked it enough to take lots of pictures of it and create / print / post 'Lost Cat' posters but not enough to make sure of it's well being (including getting it chipped potentially). ;-(

Maybe it's like most things people buy these days, it's just considered 'disposable'?

Our (all rescue) dogs were always safe and under control because we loved and looked after them (apart from having a duty to do so legally of course).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Daughter said it smelled wrong. She has had to deal with plenty of dead animals (mostly cats and other wild animals) but this one didn't smell 'normal' apparently and she wondered if it had been poisoned (she did mention that quietly to the Man and left it to him to deal with the information).

p.p.s. To the OP. If you have the opportunity a PIR movement detected, hose connected water spray worked well in our back garden. Shame I couldn't pin down all the owners of the trespassing cats to bill the cost of it to ...

Reply to
T i m

Cats aren't dogs and don't behave like dogs. You don't take them for a walk on a lead. Cats roam - it's in their nature.

Reply to
charles